Not all of the recipes are my own creations, so there are links to some outside sources. This is a compilation of my family's favorites, all here in one spot. The biggest thing to remember is that I make things up as I go along, so feel free to adapt particularly the veggie "recipes" to whatever you have in the fridge. Make your own culinary magic. You'll be surprised at how easy it is!
Also, most of the recipes are vegan (like the soups, stir-fries, etc - basically, anything I eat myself), but there are some non-vegan recipes mixed in here too since I cook for my hubby and extended family too. I've only listed a recipe as vegan when the traditional version has eggs or dairy. If you have any questions, just let me know.
Enjoy the index! I'll add to it as I continue to post recipes and if you'd like to read more about variations on some of these recipes, feel free to peruse my Market to Table series.
Want to learn how to make yeast breads? Check out the Fresh Loaf tutorials.
Desserts and sweet breads
- Amish Friendship Bread
- Banana cookies - whole wheat (vegan)
- Black and whites
- Chocolate covered cherry delights
- Chocolate eclair cake
- Chocolate pudding
- Cinnamon pecans
- Flourless peanut butter cookies (gluten free)
- High tea lemon cookies
- Lemon creme cake
- Oatmeal cookies
- Pecan chews
- Perfectly chocolate chocolate cake
- Pie crust
- Pumpkin bread
- Pumpkin cookies (vegan)
- Pumpkin pie (can sub 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg for pumpkin pie spice)
- Strawberry pecan shortbread crumble bars
- Sweet potato pie - I use the following reviewer "SL": Use evaporated milk instead of regular milk. Halve the white sugar and replace with brown sugar. Add a 1/4 tsp of cloves and ginger, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, and 1 tbsp flour.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Black bean burger
- Casserole, Rice and Veggie (stove-top; aka "Souped-up Rice) (Dress this up with whatever veggies are in season; or for more ideas, peruse theMarket to Table posts. I have tons of different combinations)
- Macaroni and cheese
- Patty Pan "Pasta" Primavera
- Pinto bean burger
- Polenta and veggies in tomato sauce
- Polenta lasagna
- Potato stir fry (Dress this up with whatever veggies are in season. Be creative!)
- Rice and veggie casserole (aka Veggie soup'ed rice)
- Spaghetti squash primavera
- Spinach and rice
- Stir-fry (Dress this up with whatever veggies are in season; or for more ideas, peruse the Market to Table posts. I have a million stir fry versions...)
- Stuffed peppers
- Stuffed tomatoes
- Zucchini ribbons and pasta sauce (just about any squash will work for the ribbons - there's another recipe here using cucuzza)