Monday, November 16, 2009

Local News - Time Running Out on Water Supply?

Our local TV station, KBTX, just posted a story about the increase in Texas population vs the decreasing water supply. Looks like the state government will be working towards an educational campaign to raise awareness, which is definitely a good idea considering a good part of the population thinks "water shortage" is an invention of a bunch of crazy liberals (this area is predominantly politically conservative).

I'm looking forward to reading the comments on this article as well as doing what I can to help spread the message.

In the meantime, I've posted a number of times about reducing our water consumption. Check out the KBTX article here, and my water conservation posts here.

Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

timeus said...

Ironic that it's typically "conservatives" that think resource "conservation" is a loony idea.

Holly said...

yeah, i can never understand why some people think global warming and environmentalism are made up issues when you can see the damage all around us. this summer i was standing in front of a glacier in alaska that had receded miles over the last few years while an old fart next to me griped about the democrats making up scare tactics. although i only thought it, i was like, "shut up and look in front of you!"

Heather @ SGF said...

Timeus - Yeah, seems odd. The vibe I get from modern day "conservatives" is "I should be able to do what ever I want (especially if it makes me rich) no matter what it costs to anyone or anything else." I had a run in with a guy today that was pretty much saying this to my face. Oh well. I'll still plant the seeds. Maybe someday one will sprout somewhere...

Holly - Yeah. I was in Glacier National Park about 5 years ago and the same problem is there. The glaciers are close to disappearing :(

bfggds said...

Bomber leather jackets are also available Moncler Jackets for men who want to look stylish and add a tough look to their personalities. the north face jackets Bomber leather jackets have always represented a person whose life is full adventures and who has enough dare to compete without any difficulty at any turn of his life. Women bomber leather jackets are also Ugg boots 5815 available that add an extra hot look to women wearing them.

Women Leather Bomber jacket said...

nice post love it