- A total of 356 blog posts (not including guest posts on McDougalling with Chile, Brazos Grows, and a review I did for the Blogging Bookworm)
- I learned to bake bread, rolls, bagels, pizza dough, crackers, and tortillas; can soups, jams, and vegetables; and make butter, whip cream, and ice cream.
- I started a vegetable and herb garden in my backyard
- I did two radio interviews and three talks at Texas A&M University
- I quit my job
- I went vegan
- I became the coordinator for the Brazos Locavores
- I launched an all-volunteer support group for our local farmers' market (The Friends of the Brazos Valley Farmers' Market)
- I host an info booth at our farmers' market every Saturday, talking to people about eating locally
- I'm scheduled to host booths at several festivals and fairs this spring to promote our farmers' market
- I've connected area farmers with local groceries and restaurants
- I've met with individuals wanting to move toward a more local lifestyle
- I consumed an almost exclusively local diet
Hmm. Well, so much for being reclusive...
Thanks to everyone out there for joining me on this beautiful adventure. It's been a wonderful year with hopefully many more to come!