Tuesday, April 22, 2008

No Impact Man - Is it in your nature to try?

One of my favorite blogs is No Impact Man. He never fails to inspire me and today's post really made me think.  Thought I would share:  

"When it comes to figuring out whether to get involved in the political process or to make our lifestyles more sustainable, we all wonder if, in fact, we will make the slightest bit of difference. Is it worth the effort? ......

[T]he question of whether we can make a difference or not may be the wrong question.  I think another line of inquiry might just as productively go like this: Do I want to be the kind of person who tries or the kind of person who doesn't?

So today, writing this blog, given all the effort I spend trying to affirmatively answer that question of whether each of us can make a difference, what I'm much more interested in today is this question:  How can I be the kind of person who tries?"

Check the full post out here.  Happy Earth Day!


No comments: